Put a bicycle in storage?

fresiaa, Dec 6, 8:22pm
Does anyone know if there is a bicycle storage facility in Chch?
Would be for a week or so.

ryanm2, Dec 6, 9:20pm
Normally a mates garage would suffice.

mme, Dec 6, 10:47pm
I keep mine in the kitchen! Save the cobwebs getting on it.

I'm too Scottish to put a tow bar on my car & there are too many roadworks around here to ride anywhere from here with a dust mask on.

mme, Dec 6, 10:49pm
I keep mine in the kitchen! Save the cobwebs getting on it.

I'm too Scottish to put a tow bar on my 'new' car & there are too many roadworks around here to ride anywhere from here with a dust mask on.

tygertung, Dec 7, 6:50pm
Just park it up outside some mall with a good lock, or drop it into a cycle shop for a service and pick it up when convenient. I would recommend cycle trading on elgen street.

craftylady1, Dec 7, 7:44pm
Luggage Solutions at the airport will store them

www.luggagesolutions.co.nz

jcmp21, Dec 8, 7:03am
Yep outside a mall for a week, another equally good idea would be to put a rope on the bike and throw it in to the sea, with the rope secured to a sturdy rock. After the week, just pull rope and you have your bike back.

fresiaa, Dec 8, 10:10am
that is only packed in a box, according to their website.

craftylady1, Dec 8, 11:32am
you just need to ask at a bike shop and they will probably give you a recycled cardboard box

calista, Dec 9, 7:41am
If we could make contact I would happily store it in my garage for a week or so. It might suffer spider damage ( cobwebs from my spider breeding programme😉) but it would be safe.

After the quakes I had about 30 bikes stored there for a group who restored bikes for people who needed them.

Otherwise the cycle shop here in Woolston may be willing to store it for you.

cassina1, Dec 9, 6:36pm
I see some of the new parking buildings have bike storage.

planespotterhvn, Dec 10, 8:07am
Ride it to the airport, lock it to the carpark building bikerack. come back a week later, ride it home.

fresiaa, Dec 10, 3:53pm
thank you calista, most helpfull, but I might have found another friendly local now.

Still, I am a bit bewildered there is no secure bike storage in a "big city"
Could be a business opportunity for someone

martin11, Dec 10, 4:00pm
Tow bars actually help to stop minor damage from prangs from the rear in carparks .

mme, Dec 10, 7:57pm
Yeah I know but still too Scottish to pay $300+ for a new towbar.

A lady put her towbar through my rear side door while I was stationary in the Countdown Ferrymead carpark last year!

lyingnun, Nov 7, 5:01pm
I am in New Brighton. I would happily store it for you.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)