2015/16 CCC Rates are now online

for those that want to check what they will be paying

kiwicarol, Jul 10, 2:47 pm

Have they jumped up again? Mine did quite considerably last year and it will be hard if they have increased with such a jump again.

supersapper, Jul 10, 2:57 pm

Ours have increased $100 for bare land based on 2013 valuation. Next Valuation 2016, just after we move into the new house being built on the site.

wanderer52, Jul 10, 3:37 pm

Ours have increased by $160.00.

ajn255, Jul 10, 4:13 pm

Thanks for the info. Better to take the shock while sitting down!

moodybleu, Jul 10, 4:17 pm

wanderer52, Jul 10, 4:18 pm

whatever it is , it is. nothing you can do about it now.

jonners2013, Jul 10, 4:24 pm

sweet won't have to up my AP as was already paying more per fortnight than was required, only a small increase for us :)

jamesnmatt, Jul 10, 4:48 pm

Ours have gone up $227, just under 7.5% increase, would be ok if my pay went up the same. It's going to come one day when everyone pays the same, why should we pay different amounts for basically same services?

likit, Jul 10, 5:22 pm

ours have gone up $400.

jane310567, Jul 10, 5:33 pm

Valuation stayed the same as the old valuation and rates gone up to $4103

pooks3, Jul 10, 5:57 pm

New valuation next year pook. These are higher rates on 2013 valuation

wanderer52, Jul 11, 4:22 pm

Ours going up $500.00 . Been no improvements near our place for a few years,,,the last lot of "improvements" . a new footpath that was not needed, was completely messed up and now in heavy rain we have water flowing INTO our property. we havent complained because we know there are people out there that have worse problems, but the footpath outside here was perfectly fine. just gives you no faith in the CCC.

pip4, Jul 11, 5:09 pm

Ours has gone up $250. And snap pip4 our drive also floods with runoff from footpath and road. We have contacted the council many times and complained. They admit they are in the wrong and it shouldn't do that but they won't fix it.

mousiemousie, Jul 11, 6:51 pm

$402.94 increase here in Phillipstown. Shame on you CCC I wouldn't have a problem But since all the major road and sewer works that have been done on this small street, to find out that who ever is in control Did not have my property on their plan My waste water lateral wasn't reinstated to the main pipeline that runs down middle of street. That's right folks, They dug up road to fix the damage done by earthquakes and ended up doing more damage than ever. Thanks CCC and Fletchers, scirt.

caseyscreations, Jul 11, 7:02 pm

Thankfully we haven't had our footpath fixed ONLY went up $150

deniseandsteve, Jul 11, 7:08 pm

same, no repaired footpaths around here. thats about the same as my increase, i don't even want to think about new valuations and rate hikes next year, sigh.

edit. thanks for the link kiwicarol :)

lambrat, Jul 11, 8:07 pm

Anyone have an opinion as to what percentage valuations will change in 2016?

bergkamp, Jul 13, 9:19 am

Mine have increased by $370. Sadly, if this continues I won't be returning to Christchurch as I'd planned.

aphra1, Jul 13, 9:39 am

You might have a 400sqm home with a partner and 5 children all enjoying our roads, sewers, parks and other facilities.

I might be a pensioner in a tiny flat on my own.

Why should we pay the same?

astrophe, Jul 13, 9:44 am

Upwards.

But actual percent? Nah, better odds on Lotto.

astrophe, Jul 13, 9:45 am

It's not the valuations that matter. They only indirectly relate to any increase in your rates. All that matters is how much the council increase rates.

jonners2013, Jul 13, 10:17 am

To be expected, still cheaper than Auckland, Wellington and most other Councils

http://www.ilott.co.nz/christchurch-property-rates-and-valuation-search/

ilottl, Jul 13, 11:45 am

Valuations do matter . if there's another red zone

bergkamp, Jul 13, 12:49 pm

What? Completely nonsensical.

Rates, by definition, is a factor of your house's value. It's not that the council says "You will pay $xx in rates". The council says "you will pay $x per valuation$".

So absolutely the valuation of your house counts! That DEFINES your rates total payment.

astrophe, Jul 13, 12:55 pm

We're talking about rates in this thread.

jonners2013, Jul 13, 5:14 pm

You writing "by definition" doesn't make you correct.

The council set their required budget. The will then rate people whatever is required to reach that budget. Yes obviously your valuation is part of the calculation but what also matters is the rate in the dollar that the council is charging. If your valuation goes down, your rates can still go up because what matters is the rate in the dollar that they are charging and that is something that changes. So yes your valuation is part of the equation (I never said it wasn't) but it is indirect (as is said). By definition.

jonners2013, Jul 13, 5:19 pm

You: "it's not the valuations that matter".

Backpedaler.

astrophe, Jul 13, 9:17 pm

Second sentence dude, I said they only affect it indirectly. No back peddling whatsoever.

further to the point, these valuations were done two years ago. The only reason this is even being discussed right now is because the council has changed the rate in the dollar they are charging for the coming financial year, hence the change in people's rates bill.

So it's not backpeding at all, it's you not understanding how the rating system works.

jonners2013, Jul 13, 9:34 pm

lol

bergkamp, Jul 13, 10:07 pm

they are linked .

bergkamp, Jan 11, 4:41 am

Share this thread