Too many Toots!

I ride my bike to work virtually everyday for the last few years. Unfortunately since that idiot POLICEMAN gave a ticket I am now getting toots to move over. What is worst it can happen when travelling through roadworks. I am travelling at 30km per hour. Never use to happen. Why are drivers so impatient. Come on everyone. Be nice

bandit101, Jul 22, 7:47 am

But what about safer communities together?

jcmp21, Jul 22, 8:03 am

so people are tooting at you because a police man gave you a ticket ? .

pettal, Jul 22, 8:38 am

yeah, got a fright when i was cycling out of the paknsave wainoni supermarket on the weekend and got a loud closeup toot from a dork driving a white transit van. first one ever., even though i was as far to the left as possible, given the construction fencing along that short bit which has narrowed the exit.
perhaps i might start carrying an airhorn so i can return the favour if it happens again.

lambrat, Jul 22, 8:51 am

we are talking about attitudes. Idiot car drivers and law abiding cyclist.

bandit101, Jul 22, 7:03 pm

Just ignore it. Things will go back to normal.

When travelling through roadworks, I hope you 'ride the lane' and take up the whole lane? Giving them potentially room to overtake by staying hard left when it's dangerous and unsafe to do so isn't a good plan.

astrophe, Jul 22, 7:09 pm

The bigger the wagon the more agressive the driver

bandit101, Jul 25, 6:28 pm

I hope you are not riding how your username would suggest bandit101

stojo, Jul 25, 7:01 pm

idiot policeman, Idiot CYCLIST more like. you try being nice and people will be nice to you

slimgym, Jul 26, 6:33 am

Some background and reflection, in case you haven't come across the ticketing situation mentioned above:
http://cyclingchristchurch.co.nz/2015/07/03/what-the-alex-mann-case-has-taught-us/

glendikoorey, Jul 26, 1:59 pm

hi Bandit , i always wear a camera . it really is the best protection

bergkamp, Nov 11, 2:35 am

Share this thread