Avoid going north on wainoni road

As its jammed. Pak n save is selling off and queues are huge. So skirt the area unless you are joining the rest of Chch and grabbing bargains!

gaspodetwd, Aug 15, 10:57 am

Thanks!
Will go another way

jambee1, Aug 15, 11:21 am

Yeah got caught coming home from work, I live off Shortland street in the Wainoni Rd Pages Rd block, it took me 8 traffic light changes to get from Breezes Rd onto Wainoni Rd.

shortee2, Aug 15, 11:22 am

it's still a nightmare out that way, i just got stuck in it. avoid if possible!

jonners2013, Aug 15, 12:08 pm

Everyone is desperate to get their $5 in savings even though they'd spend more than $5 in fuel sitting in a line of traffic.

Shop 'discounts', 'closing down sales', 'reduced to clear' etc slogans are like crack cocaine to the blind masses of consumer sheep.

steve198, Aug 15, 12:21 pm

Still? I was going the opposite way at ten to ten and the traffic was backed up almost to the Kerr's road roundabout. Are they giving away groceries or something?

omnicow, Aug 15, 1:25 pm

Whats happening at PnS? What do you mean selling off?

jon9, Aug 15, 1:31 pm

They are shutting down on Sunday night to move stock to their new building. I guess the less stock the better.

They re-open on Wednesday.

stevexc, Aug 15, 1:58 pm

10% off everything. they had cotton soft toilet paper 12 pack for $1.99

fordy1110, Aug 15, 2:12 pm

Yeah Moorhouse had the Toilet Paper same price. took a walk down to Wainoni, nothing really cheap, just 10% off some items. I don't usually shop there as his Shelf prices are dearer than Moorhouse. Plus his Mad Days aren't much either.

shortee2, Aug 15, 2:55 pm

My parents went there this morning, as above, nothing really cheap. Not worth going in.

540trickzter, Aug 15, 3:23 pm

gosh, reading all this i won't go near for a couple of weeks, as it still will be mad shopping in the new building on Wednesday, can't wait as i have really gone off Moorehouse, they are altering there at the moment, but they seem to have cut out a lot of product. not the same selection their, bit scummy too, not an over friendly place there

kids4ever, Aug 15, 4:32 pm

Would rather put razor blades in my eyes than shop at pak n save as it is, let alone when sales are on.

foamyone, Aug 15, 4:52 pm

PnS Northlands had the loo paper for $1.99 as well

craftylady1, Aug 15, 5:38 pm

It was a bit more than a special on toilet paper. 10% off everything is a lot when you do a large shop.

gaspodetwd, Aug 15, 5:47 pm

WRONG Only some things . .and you don't find out till after you have been thru the check out NO discount on beer or wine .

cranken28, Aug 15, 6:24 pm

All the signs up during the week said no discount on alcohol, tobacco, gift cards

optima, Aug 15, 7:52 pm

our new pac and save opens 9th sep at rangiora wow.

chris1joy, Aug 15, 8:43 pm

My daughter and I went at 7am this morning on the way home from work. We were really disappointed as nearly all the stuff was usual price despite being told that all non special goods had 10% off. Waste of time.

ricford1, Aug 15, 9:57 pm

I called in friday night after work, there was a lot already gone but just had specials as they usually have, then 10% off items not on special, so I didn't think there was much savings, as alot of items were already slightly cheaper and the 10% didn't come of the items on special.

gutlux, Aug 16, 10:13 pm

20% off today and it was still mad, only went in because i had to work in there

robyn35, Aug 17, 7:04 pm

we went to P&S Northlands today, was so busy and great bargains,all griffins chocolate biscuits, $1, chips $1, 1989 year prices on heaps,cheap potatoes, some veges, fruit, amazing it was great. Thats where everyone should have been going today, better specials than Wainoni thats for real

kids4ever, Aug 17, 8:25 pm

It was like a North Korean supermarket.Hardly any stock

rollydog1, Aug 15, 4:10 am

Share this thread