Feel that? Page 2 / 2

xmakara, Mar 1, 6:34pm
Yep. A big thud, woke me up, but fell back asleep.

tomytidlemouse, Mar 1, 6:39pm
Nice big whallop in Halswell - quite shallow and near us

slimgym, Mar 1, 7:00pm
must have been bad my husband felt it, me I slept through it

pommie777, Mar 1, 7:46pm
Was it quite a long one? I dreamed that I felt one last night but maybe I did actually feel it. It was fairly gentle but went on for a while.

drcjp, Mar 1, 9:27pm
felt like going over a cattle stop and no wobble here in Yaldhurst. I agree with young1, it was Weird.

jen367, Mar 2, 3:17am
Thanks folk. all good now

spead, Mar 2, 3:28am
are you saying that at 2.27 am when you felt an earthquake the first thing you thought of was to go on line and comment? Amazing. What is the world coming to?

fineo, Mar 2, 5:06am
Why use Canterbury quake as opposed to geo net?
Just curious.

craftylady1, Mar 2, 5:12am
I have never used CanterburyQuake. only Geonet

bosch2006, Mar 2, 5:27am
I felt a rumbl in my pants had to go and sit dwn

mme, Mar 2, 5:39am
It's natural to want to find out where it was & how it felt around different parts. Don't worry if it was a biggie the power is automatically cut you won't hear from many of us as the wifi will go too. Wondering if mobile BB would still work?

mme, Mar 2, 5:43am
It has more info & an exact location map so you can see how far it was from your place.

xxsaffyxx, Mar 2, 6:40am
I often do and nothing odd about that - live by myself mostly and the online community never sleeps. You think I should lie in the dark alone, and just wonder what could be happening out there?

jessebird, Mar 2, 7:05am
Slept through it. didn,t know about it till i read here.

wahinetoa62, Mar 2, 7:36am
slept through it - I dont usually but had a heck of a week so was fortunately exhausted

wahinetoa62, Mar 2, 7:37am
spead wrote:
are you saying that at 2.27 am when you felt an earthquake the first thing you thought of was to go on line and comment? Amazing. What is the world coming to?[/quote

well after so many earthquakes - what else should we do?

nanske, Mar 2, 8:19am
Yet here you are, commenting on a comment that has no relevance to you. Amazing.

nanske, Mar 2, 8:21am
I find Canterbury Quakes contains more details than GeoNet. The only time I will use GeoNet is when an earthquake is elsewhere in NZ.

paulmc, Jan 10, 9:14am
I work in the evenings and don't get home until after 1am. Was already online and about to go to bed when I felt the earthquake. Nothing amazing about that.

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)