Kindling chch

Who sells the best kindling? Bought so e from service station but was not that good

barbs77, Jul 5, 10:38 am

I find the Countdowm box good with very dry pieces. New World bag pieces are bigger but dry. Others have changed recently and not so good any longer.

chatsmom, Jul 5, 2:00 pm

I just cut up a cabbage tree this morning I have alot of leaves here that make good kindling

richynuts, Jul 5, 2:37 pm

We dry prunings for the next year in banana boxes.

wanderer52, Jul 5, 9:05 pm

Our local Four Square shop has great kindling.

amuso, Jul 5, 9:31 pm

I find that if you use a firelighter and your wood is nice and dry you don't really need any kindling. Just put small pieces of wood in first.

tygertung, Jul 5, 9:47 pm

Use a cotton ball swiped in some vaseline for a firestarter. Works a treat

zoopa, Jul 5, 10:47 pm

City Firewood sell kindling but if you buy firewood from them it is full of kindling in the bottom of the trailer. Did you see the Young high school girl who invented the safety kindling chopper? http://www.kindlingcracker.com/

planespotterhvn, Jul 6, 9:38 am

Those crackers look pretty good to me. Just the price of a few bags of kindling.

tygertung, Jul 6, 10:49 am

Cut your own.

unclewainwright, Jul 6, 2:48 pm

Ill cut you some for $10 a box

bosch2006, Jul 7, 3:52 pm

Find someone with a dead gorse hedge and the bits make fabulous long burning kindling. I have just been out and gathered a large bucket full.

kacy5, Jul 8, 11:44 am

Every day my mailbox is full of it.

buzzy86, Jul 8, 11:47 am

. wow! Never heard that one - must try it (& yes, I too bundle cabbage tree leaves that fall off the tree - they burn so well)

paix1, Jul 8, 5:45 pm

It works great. Don??t need a lot, just swiped across it. The cotton burns very fast and the Vaseline slows it. You will find the ideal 'swipe' for combo

zoopa, Jul 8, 5:51 pm

Cotton wool is very flammable and I have used it but never thought of Vaseline on it, good idea.

kacy5, Feb 10, 3:39 am

Share this thread