I'm looking for decent 2nd hand book shops in chch

Shops with a good range of non fiction and reference books would be good.
Can anyone recommend any? Any area.
TIA

goult, Jun 4, 7:14 am

Try The Tannery in Woolston think Smiths are now there .

martin11, Jun 4, 9:14 am

Does it have to be a book shop proper? If not, check out the Sallies in Papanui and Cranford St, Habitat for Humanity in Waltam Rd, the dump shop in Rangiora. There are dozens more like this where I find my book treasures.

junie2, Jun 4, 11:35 am

The Recycling place on Blenheim road. Surprising what you find there.

lorischch, Jun 4, 11:47 am

There's a really good second hand bookshop on Lincoln Road, In Addington, opposite the Addington Mall. Fabulous range, and a lot of the old series that you can't find elsewhere anymore (plus a full size Dalek). . .

mbos, Jun 4, 12:09 pm

There is a good one at Bishopdale Mall opposite the (now closed) library.

henpen, Jun 4, 12:14 pm

There's a bookshop crammed full with books on Edgeware Road not far from Springfield Road.

http://www.fromtheuniverse.org/edgeware-paperback-centre.html

letitia, Jun 4, 12:19 pm

There's also a book shop on bower ave more nearer the new Brighton rd end. David's book shop I think it's called.

moomoo18, Jun 5, 9:42 am

The one in Addington with the Dalek is good.

calista, Jun 5, 9:50 am

City Mission Hereford St gets some excellent reference/non fiction books recycling through at splendid prices

ebeater, Jun 5, 10:08 am

I found the one at church corner very good

stojo, Jun 5, 12:28 pm

PS. I should have added that they turn over very quickly and the staff very very busy so realistically, one needs to go and look.

ebeater, Jun 5, 2:08 pm

Library

kids4ever, Jun 5, 2:57 pm

that's the ECO store

kids4ever, Jun 5, 2:59 pm

Or take a drive to Chertsy to the big barn full of second hand books you could spend hours there the place is massive also you can get some good deals at the Sunday Riccarton market several second hand book sellers there

didee, Jun 5, 7:19 pm

That's our family's favourite too!

brightlights60, Jun 5, 7:24 pm

There is a lovely second hand book shop at New Brighton in the covered area called "The Barn". A great selection.

turbogtx, Jun 5, 7:40 pm

good selection in Papanui - by the railway line - wee brick place at the beginning of harewood rd. Opp where the fancy dress place is.

jane310567, Jun 5, 10:00 pm

The Dove Bookshop - a darling place!

saskianz, Jun 8, 9:53 am

Best one I reckon is that one at church corner, in 'China Town'. It is a Christian one and the prices are very good. They haver a spiritial section as well as all other types of books. I got a lot of sailing books from there one day and they had some old classics which I had been looking for for ages. Good deals.

tygertung, Jun 27, 2:28 am

Share this thread