Bike stolen from CPIT yesterday

Eclipse 24 size,blue and silver bike stolen from cpit only transport.garrrrrr

metaller, Jul 8, 3:28 pm

little buggers - do they not have a secure area like uni does?

jane310567, Jul 8, 3:44 pm

i dont know.someone has been stealing bikes from there for few months now. they must have a bolt cutter so cant do much if they want to steal

metaller, Jul 8, 3:47 pm

i know my son bought a cheap bike to go to school on so he wouldn't be too sad if it got nicked!

jane310567, Jul 8, 3:51 pm

i wouldnt say mine was expensive but when you are a student and dont have much money, its not easy to buy another bike and helmet.

metaller, Jul 8, 5:16 pm

don't they have cameras? if not. lobby to get them put in.

urbanrefugee54, Jul 8, 7:19 pm

mine got nicked for there 2 but that was back in the 80s some things never change

lilbubble, Jul 8, 10:36 pm

Have you reported it to Security at CPIT? They could well have cameras on student bike stands.

coverdrive, Jul 8, 11:28 pm

My bike and my friend's bike got nicked too, And this was in a private hostel courtyard. Grrrr.

There are some assholes out there.

xmakara, Jul 9, 12:43 am

its so annoying eh?last year, some asshole stole my bike wheel too.

metaller, Jul 10, 6:34 pm

And show the footage to who?

jcmp21, Jul 10, 6:55 pm

Definitely bolt cutter. I had my bike chained to a lampost outside SCM in Colombo St and was in the shop for 5 min max. It was in plain sight on the main street and was gone by the time I got back

lm446, Jul 11, 3:26 pm

i got by bike wheel and helmet stolen from south city mall bike stand too.some assholes around.

metaller, Jul 11, 8:41 pm

iirc cpit has a secure lockup requiring card access for bikes, it also has cameras inside and outside. Why not use this?

overtakenowbro, Dec 9, 3:18 am

Share this thread