? where to buy Chefade in Ch.Ch

used to get from Mad butcher (Shirely0 but they no longer stock

jessie981, Jul 7, 5:28 pm

pettal, Jul 7, 5:48 pm

Thanks didn't think of looking in Dairy part. Been looking in Butchery.

jessie981, Jul 7, 5:52 pm

Think its in the baking section of s/markets

craftylady1, Jul 7, 6:51 pm

Definitely in the baking section.

family007, Jul 7, 7:34 pm

Funny, I used to get it from Countdown, in the butchery department.

brightlights60, Jul 7, 7:59 pm

Maybe that was lard?

I have only seen Chefade in margarine type containers

craftylady1, Jul 7, 8:58 pm

Seen in New world in baking section im sure

harrislucinda, Jul 7, 9:06 pm

It's usually around the area with the cooking oils

hayster94, Jul 7, 10:59 pm

No, Chefade is vegetable fat, the butcher would pack it and label it, it was put at the very end of the chiller, next to things like soup bones:) Mum swore by it, and only used it for deep frying. Quite yummy really. Are you thinking of Kremelta?

brightlights60, Jul 8, 11:13 am

Although it was some time ago, i got my last lot from mad butcher by Northlands. your talking about the large wrapped blocks aren't you, was in the meat section.

rover79, Jul 8, 11:35 am

Oopppss. Maybe I am. whatever it was, used it in Chocolate Crackles , and not made those for years

craftylady1, Jul 8, 12:41 pm

We bought some in large blocks last weekend at NW . Was with the dripping . I use it for making bird cakes .

jbsouthland, Jul 8, 1:04 pm

Lol, I did wonder. Kremelta in chocolate crackles. Might have to make some of those yum.

brightlights60, Jul 8, 5:24 pm

rover79 wrote:
Although it was some time ago, i got my last lot from mad butcher by Northlands. your talking about the large wrapped blocks aren't you, was in the meat section.[/quote

Yup, thats the stuff. Mum always used it for deep frying, said she couldn't understand why people here used dripping. Its pure vegetable fat, apparently better for you? None of us were fat, we were like a family of string beans, and we had home made (double cooked) deep fried chips, fish, chicken and other stuff. So yummy.

brightlights60, Jul 8, 5:25 pm

Thanks craftylady got from baking part, in container same as marg. Mad butcher used to sell in different size blocks.

jessie981, Jan 9, 4:31 am

Share this thread