WHERE IS MY SNOW?

2bit, Jun 23, 1:15am
Stupid forecasters

2bit, Jun 23, 1:19am
They really need to change their attitude, these forecasters. It may be a weather warning for some of the country but it's just yet another broken weather promise for most of us!

andrewcg53, Jun 23, 1:20am
You will get it August/September

craftylady1, Jun 23, 1:26am
I do NOT want any snow

puddles11, Jun 23, 1:29am
Unacceptable! Heads will roll.

stillwaters, Jun 23, 1:41am
I think we are just bored, and snow would have given a bit of excitement for a while. I know I am bored. I wonder sometimes if the earthquakes have left me an adrenaline junkie, and when I go too long with no form of excitement I get a bit depressed

jon9, Jun 23, 2:54am
Do you have any idea how hard it is to forecast exact weather for such a small country surrounded by sea?

Would you prefer.

1. Warnings about the possibility of snow and then not getting any

2. No warnings and then getting snow and being unprepared

The Metservice opts for option 1 and then a lot of media outlets bump it up as clickbait, then everyone moans. smh

bosch2006, Jun 23, 2:59am
They just saying it to make you go and spend money stocking up on stuff

dannyboy24, Jun 23, 3:24am
Option 2 for me thanks Jon

thebuzzyone, Jun 23, 4:02am
As far as I can tell they got it right. The Port Hills has a good dusting and, just as forecasted, there were flurries (which is all that was likely wasn't it?) on the flat. I know coz I was out amongst it at about 10am this morning in the centre of town.

craftylady1, Jun 23, 4:29am
Ah well. it is winter, so I guess we can expect cooler weather systems any time

samanya, Jun 23, 6:25am
Wouldn't you rather be pre-warned & prepared, in case . & then not have it happen?
Imagine how many of you would be moaning your rrrses off, if we got a decent amount of snow & hadn't expected it?

bananna15, Jun 23, 10:10am
We wouldve had snow but the temperature was 1 or 2 degrees too high. For snow to settle at sea level it needs to be colder then the 2C or 3C it was last night

alex275, Jun 23, 11:19am
I am disappointed too as I was so looking forward to snow falls.

rhos1, Jun 23, 11:28am
Maybe the weather forecasts are sponsored by the two NZ grocery empires!

nzmax, Jun 23, 11:29am
Ive got the week off from work. had it arranged for over a month, and have numerous outside jobs that I want to get done. Roll on the sunshine!

muffin2, Apr 10, 3:14pm
it's funny because 1 mention of 'snow' and bread flies off the supermarket shelves!

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)