Free range eggs in Christchurch? Page 1 out of 5

My mum sells proper free range eggs, her chooks are spoilt rotten and they get loads of attention, when we go in with them they squat down and all want a pat. They are well fed with loads of greens etc and have plenty of room and yes they can have a good scratch and like having their dirt baths.She has a super special on her eggs at the moment which are on TM.One lady told her they are the best eggs she's ever had!I no longer have to look for proper free range eggs :-)

shazbut, Jan 30, 2012, 1:54 am

rolleston people; I geteggs delivered to my door once a week from a farmer out Dunsandel way;farm fresh $5 doz

issymae, Jan 30, 2012, 8:43 am

I would be happy to pay $4.50 for good fresh free range eggs. Maybe someone nearby to you was cheaper!

theoldknitwit, Jan 30, 2012, 8:49 am

Hi all i sell my free range eggs for $5.00 doz large eggs, lovely yellow yolks. My hens have a huge paddock to free range in they get the yummyest food and get spoilt. If you want to buy my free range eggs im at 100 grays rd. My girls are in the paddock by the drive way so you can see them scratching up the paddock

skana5, Jan 30, 2012, 9:25 am
+1

my mum is selling them at the moment for $6.50 a tray ( 2 and a half dozen eggs) they are large eggs too and a real bargain, but when some of her chooks start going off the lay they will be about $5 dozen. She is in Hei Hei ( she can't deliver but is on a bus route) and has a listing up at the moment, as soon as she has excess she will put on TM.These are super fresh. Look under sweetiesmum and keep her on your watchlist if anyone is interested. The money goes towards more food for her darlings,.

shazbut, Jan 30, 2012, 10:49 am

The best free range eggs in my opinion are Henergy- they are SPCA approved and really lovely dark yolks. I now have my own chooks - so don't need to bother with trying to decide which to buy!

chris313, Jan 30, 2012, 10:57 am

mums latest tray has sold but keep her as a favourite seller as she will have more in the next few days when the chooks have filled another tray, thats what you call fresh :-) thankyou for supporting proper free range eggs

shazbut, Jan 30, 2012, 11:50 am

THE BEST EVER EGGS.weedond eggs on main sth rd on right side heading south, i get 1 dozen free range eggs every week there. $6 a dozen is cheap, i get large sizes for that, before xmas 1 doz had 3 double yolkers.My creme brulee is to die for, so im told by someone who thought st germaines were the best.I believe it is the bright orangey eggs.

yum yum eggs and soldiers tomorrow night

iman007, Jan 30, 2012, 9:07 pm

Hi All, I now have another tray of eggs available for $6.50 a tray, if interested please check my listing

sweetiesmum, Feb 2, 2012, 7:34 pm

Far out that IS disgusting Gladys. ty vvm for this thread. I have been buying woodland for at least a year. But I will turn to frenz, and ask peter timms where they get theirs that the sell in edgeware as they weren't too overpriced.

and hell yes sevenge i would defo buy eggs at 4.50 a doz, except now i will have WAY more questions as to exactly where my eggs are laid lol.

gkgirl, Feb 2, 2012, 7:43 pm

Hiya, do you have a pic of where your chickens live!)

gkgirl, Feb 2, 2012, 7:44 pm

Stink, and in the local auctions on here I couldn't get a straight answer/pic either.

If anyone finds a true FR place at the north side of town please let me know.

gkgirl, Feb 6, 2012, 10:08 am

Well we won't be buying woodlands anymore, I txt my daughter as well and nor will they.
Bottom line for us is if the animal/s involved in our shopping trolley were not treated humanely we will not buy it. Yes it pains me sometimes-especially bacon.I really love ma bacon! But having seen conditions stock are kept in-we just stopped buying it. Free-farmed, or go without.

kiri79, Feb 7, 2012, 9:12 pm

I got my own chooks! They are lovely and give us eggs daily. They are fabulous pets and love their treats including watermelon and ham fat! They adore dust baths and they come running when we go into the garden. They are so full of character and the kids love checking for eggs. We eat more eggs now- and they are so fresh and tasty! And I know they are well cared for, eat a varied diet, and are very happy chooks! Highly recommend it!

gaspodetwd, Feb 7, 2012, 9:19 pm

I couldn't afford the vet bills that may be necessary at some time, as with all pets.

bob955, Feb 7, 2012, 10:08 pm

Can anyone recommend where I can buy genuine free range eggs in Christchurch. As I have just read an article on the brand of eggs I have been buying for years and it turns out they aren't free range at all. I am very disappointed! Suggestions please

gladys43, Jun 9, 2012, 3:39 pm

Quite a few merchants at the Rotary Market on Sunday's at Riccarton Race Course have free range eggs. We use Annies Eggs, always excellent.

ryanm2, Jun 9, 2012, 3:57 pm

which eggs have you been buying!

lisa_c, Jun 9, 2012, 4:03 pm

I think some one in Stapletons rd sells them,theres always a sign on shirley rd.

kletis1, Jun 9, 2012, 4:27 pm

The article I read relates to Woodland Free Range eggs

gladys43, Jun 9, 2012, 4:30 pm

sponsored links

Leave a comment No registration required

Comment required
Your nickname optional
You are not a robot, are you?

Enter what you see above required