O/T - Philpotts road, new building going up.

alaanag, Apr 3, 7:53am
anyone know what its going to be! Its not too far away from the Glenmoor school, before Oderings on the right if you are coming from Innes rd direction.

jamesnmatt, Apr 3, 8:11am
Ryman Health rest home - like Ngaio Marsh in Grants Rd

robyn35, Apr 3, 8:19am
Lady Diana Isaac Retirement Village, large building is the main hospital/rest home building and then further on towards Mairehau High School is all the town houses.Going to be a huge place once finished.

jill5, Apr 3, 8:22am
Perfect - am gonna book me a room, will probably be ready long before my house is done!

robyn35, Apr 3, 8:24am
you better be damn quick Jill, they have sold like hot cakes, lots of the eldery red zoners have snapped up the houses

might join you, its going to have its own movie theatre, swimming pool, library, bowls area, dining room for meals, sounds pretty good aye

jill5, Apr 3, 8:26am
sounds like a freaking full time holiday!

robyn35, Apr 3, 8:27am
town houses are NICE, very very nice and no worries with noisy neighbours etc

alaanag, Apr 3, 8:51am
Thank you all! Id assumed it was a new subdivision, then ma said she had been past today and said the building was about the size of a supermarket so we were intrigued!

greenfruit1, Apr 3, 9:32am
First lot have already moved in. My inlaws movein in December settlement date. Paid $30,000 deposit for 2 bed villa.

ange_stylez, Apr 4, 8:07am
what will this do to the house values round the area, will they put a pub there too, can the locals use the movie theatre, swimming pool!

robyn35, Apr 4, 9:06am
Its a retirement village! , its an in house theatre not a full movie theatre and if anything will increase values around the area as it is modern and well designed.Not sure what your post is getting at to be honest

cassina1, Apr 4, 11:14am
There is a retirement development going up on Papanui Rd on the site of the old Parklands elderly care hospital.

guest, May 7, 2:44am
great blog here There are some interesting ptonis in time in this article but I don't know if I see all of them center to heart. There is some validity but I will take hold opinion until I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we want more! Added to FeedBu

Share this thread

Buy me a coffee :)Buy me a coffee :)